At South Salt Lake's Public Works Department, we build, repair and maintain public infrastructure. Our work covers City streets, sewers, stormwater systems and drinking water, among many other projects. We promote sustainable infrastructure and greener habits to conserve and protect our resources through employee training, community outreach, and public education. Our trained and experienced team works hard daily to continually improve our small city.
What We Do
Our Department has several divisions, each overseeing an important aspect of the City's infrastructure. These divisions include:
- Who should I contact if I see an issue (road damage, water leak, street sign down, etc.)?
- Who can I contact to learn more about upcoming and ongoing projects taking place in South Salt Lake?
- Why is my water a different color, smell or fizzy?
- Where can I learn more about the requirements for private building projects?
- Where can I learn more about the Fall Leaf Bag Program?
How You Can Help
Preserve our valuable infrastructure systems:
- Protect your pipes - only flush human waste and toilet paper
- Limit what is washed down your sinks and garbage disposal
- Protect our stormwater
Keep streets safe:
- Report missing or blocked traffic signals and signs
- Drive under the speed limit
- Respect school zones and crosswalks - every corner is a potential crossing
- Trim your landscaping so drivers can see around corners and across driveways and keep sidewalks clear
- Shovel snow from sidewalks
- Water your street trees - they slow traffic down
Keep our city clean:
- Bag your leaves and keep gutters clear
- Follow the instructions for recycling and garbage
- Pick up your pet waste