The Office of the Fire Marshal ensures South Salt Lake is doing everything possible to prevent fires in and around our community. This office includes both the Fire Marshal and the Deputy Fire Marshal.
The Fire Marshal is responsible for:
- Building plan reviews
- Issuing permits for buildings, sprinklers, and fire alarms
- Enforcing the International Fire Code (IFC)
The Deputy Fire Marshal handles:
- Issuing business licenses
- Conducting fire inspections
- Overseeing our hazardous materials disposal program.
The Fire Marshal manages the Fire Prevention Division. The division is responsible for the ongoing business inspection program, all fire prevention programs, fire code enforcement, plan review, and various other prevention and inspection activities. See our Active Fireworks Restrictions.