How can I get my property back if it has been taken into evidence?

Depending on the way your property has been classified, there are different processes for releasing the property. Call the Evidence department before you come in to retrieve your property so they can advise you of the process and how long to expect it to take to process your request. The Evidence department can be reached by calling 801-412-3665. Requests made after 4:30 pm may not be reviewed until the following business day, and no requests are guaranteed to be processed the day they are made.

Please note that at the time you come in to pick up your property, you will need to present photo identification, and you may only pick up the property if you are the owner of the property. For circumstances where that may not be possible, contact the Evidence personnel to find out what options are available.

Show All Answers

1. How do I file a police report?
2. How can I request a speed trailer be placed in my neighborhood?
3. How can I find the Neighborhood Watch program for my neighborhood?
4. How can I add information to a police report I have previously filed?
5. How can I get my property back if it has been taken into evidence?
6. How do I request a copy of a police report or an accident report?
7. How can I arrange to have an officer give a presentation?
8. Where can I go to get my fingerprints done?
9. How can I make a complaint about an ordinance violation?
10. How can I report information on possible drug activity?
11. How can I request crime rate information?
12. How can I file a commendation or a complaint on an officer?
13. If I go on vacation, how can I request officers check on my house?
14. How can I help combat graffiti in my neighborhood?