Help make our community a better place to live by volunteering. South Salt Lake has a variety of ways in which you can get involved through sharing your time and skills to support City services and programs.
Get Started with GivePulse
You can browse GivePulse.com for volunteer opportunities with many local groups. Our South Salt Lake volunteer portal on GivePulse is a great way to view and register for upcoming opportunities. Start your GivePulse account today through our portal page, and then select the City Departments ("subgroups") that you're interested in following and volunteering with. When volunteer projects are posted, you'll be notified.
Peruse our volunteer opportunities below and learn more about the respective programs or departments. Not all volunteer opportunities are posted on GivePulse. If you see something you're interested in but not sure how to sign-up, email us at email@example.com and we'll help you out.
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) participants support SSL first responders during times of major disasters.
- Youth City Council works to foster civic engagement among our youth.
- Residents participation in City Council Meetings is crucial to staying informed and collective problem solving.
- Volunteer with the Recreation Department to help with youth coaching, adult programs, and community events.
- Volunteer with Promise SSL to help with youth afterschool and family programs.
- Volunteer at our Animal Services Shelter to help our homeless pets through walks, socializing, cleaning, etc.
- Join the Friends of Fitts Park group to help keep Fitts Park beautiful for everyone.
- Join the Neighborhoods Department during annual tree and pollinator planting events, creek clean-ups, Jordan River Trail puncturevine pulls, and more.
- Adopt a Storm Drain to protect our water quality and minimize flooding.
- Ride along with a SSL police officer.
- Civilian Review Board members provide independent civilian oversight of the SSL Police Department.
- Residents can join Neighborhood Watch to help reduce crime in neighborhoods.
- Businesses can join Business Watch to learn ways to deter business crimes.
- Good Landlord Program reduces the annual rental license fee for landlords who participate in the program.