Finance & Utility Billing
The Finance Department is committed to maintaining and reporting all City financial information accurately. Additionally, internal accounting controls, policies, and procedures are established, and adhered to, in order to safeguard City assets. We provide support and information to the City Council, Administration and all other departments.
What We Do
The South Salt Lake Finance Department is responsible for overseeing all of the following functions:
- Accurately record and report all financial transactions in a timely manner
- Ensure that cash and investment assets are expended according to city policy and state law
- Process all cash receipt and cash disbursement transactions, including:
- Payroll and accounts payable
- Utility payments
- Business license remittances
- Building permits
- Prepare and draft the annual financial reports and budget
- Strive to make timely and relevant financial information as accessible as possible
- Assist all customers and users of our services with courtesy and professionalism
- Evaluate and implement new technologies and processes as needed
The Utility Billing Division processes the utility payments that ensure your household or apartment is provided with reliable utility services. By paying your bills on time, you are investing in the continued maintenance and improvement of your utilities, from clean drinking water to an efficient sewer network.
We have made it easier than ever to pay your utility bills: check out our "Pay Online" page to learn more.
Contact us to sign up for service 801-438-6000 or Email Utility Billing
What We Do
The City, in cooperation with local partners, facilitates several utilities for its residents and businesses. These include:
- Waste Collection
- Support for additional waste collection options, including Bulk Waste Trailers and Transfer Station access
Depending on the location of the property, utility services may be provided by a combination of entities, including the Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District, Mt. Olympus Improvement (Sewer), and various garbage removal companies.
Sales Tax Rates
South Salt Lake City changed its sales tax rates effective January 2011.
State Auditor Hotline
The “State Auditor Hotline” provides an avenue for citizens, including public employees and contractors, to report their concerns about potentially improper governmental activities.